Friday, June 21, 2013

SOFT SUVIVALISM: OLIVE OIL AND SHARP RAZORS

It's what Claudia calls 'soft survivalism', nothing too hard core here. Not even an end goal of completely separating ourselves from civilization...no not that. It's not what we want to do.

What we do want to do is to minimize the influence of corporations and their 'consume or die' mentality. We haven't really started in earnest yet but here is one little way of reducing dependence and consumption of corporation inspired dispensability. This sort of attitude may go by other names like, 'frugality' 'sustainability' or 'corporate anarchy'. Okay, I just made up the last one myself. But in the end, they all have one idea in common and that is to reduce our outlay of money to corporations. We may still choose to outlay money but it won't have to be to a corporation.

Here's a handy dandy little device I didn't even know existed until Claudia sent me one...and yes, after this mornings trial, I can tell you it works a treat.

I had deliberately used a fairly expensive 3 blade disposable razor until it was dull. Followed the directions on the box and it was back to 'good as new' in no time. Also read the instructions for a change of pace and realized that they probably had a point with 'dry your razor to prevent microscopic rust'. So then had an old brain brainstorm and remembered I had read a hint somewhere along the line that told me how to do this effectively.

That's about an inch of olive oil in an old plastic drinking glass. No water, no air ='s no rust. Neat huh?

SOFT SURVIVALISM.


1 comment: