Thursday, June 20, 2013

A night trout before off island ultrasound.

Here we have a fine example of a 'night trout'. What's a 'night trout' you might wonder? Well it's a trout that you catch at night(obviously) off your deck, before you go off to an early morning appointment to get your testicle ultrasound.

One of the rules that apply here in Florida where I live is that whatever you catch off your dock is 'yours' no questions asked. So after turning on the 'dock light'(and underwater light) yesterday evening I got up early...way too early for most...around 4a.m. and saw this lovely specimen totally hypnotized by the dock light and had to have it.


A lucky throw with a cast net and this and several catfish, destined for the crab trap, are sitting on the boat awaiting collection and preparation in daylight hours.

This trout will be lunch, as soon as I get back from the off island(never a good thing) ultrasound and get around to fully cleaning him. All my volunteers, as I call my catches, get a swift and clean death as I do believe that's part of the deal for volunteering. So he'll be waiting for me in the fridge having been dispatched shortly after this picture with his partial remains being returned to the sea to serve as food for his brethren. 

To the greatest extent possible EVERYTHING here is recycled, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment